Forty came and went. And before she arrived, I wrote out 40 things I’d like to accomplish this year before the next birthday in August.
Here is the post I wrote back in June and where I stand on some of the items. I’ll keep you posted.
In about two months, I turn the big 4-0. How did that happen? I feel like I was just 25 and now I’ve been married for almost 11 years with three kids. And . . . this California girl is living in Atlanta.
So what does 40 mean? Do you cry? Eat? Or have a mid-life crisis? Well, I plan to eat and see whatever else falls into my lap. One of my friends @momsdestiny suggested I complete 40 things to commemorate the year; sure and I’ll send her the bill later.
But it did get me thinking. What would you do if you could complete 40 things of your choice in a year? Here is my long list and maybe –just maybe–I’ll make it through ALL of them. Hopefully my husband is taking notes #teehee
- Visit Italy with the hubby
- Horseback riding on a beautiful beach
- Visit Barbados and never come back (just kidding!)
- Take a trip with my kids to Hershey Park
- Get a massage on the beach
- Go to the opera (found someone I can attend with next Spring!)
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Take my mom to New York (I still can’t believe she’s never been)
- Test drive a Porsche
- Buy a designer purse – Fendi, Birkin, Louis, Gucci- you know one of those
- Swim with dolphins
- Drive across country
- Wine tour in Napa Valley
- Take a magic pill to lose weight in two days (the struggle is real)
- Ride on a motorcycle with my husband- sun shades and Daisy Dukes #yep
- Actually play on a golf course
- Take an Alaskan cruise
- Decorate my little girl’s room – for real this time (took the first steps to do this last week)
- Run the Peachtree Roadrace
- Learn some Spanish
Make a homemade apple pie(done!)
- Roast a big ass turkey (this will be for Thanksgiving)
- Take my kids to Disney World
- Paddle boat around the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Go up in the Washington Monument
- Visit the 9/11 Memorial
- Visit the National Museum of African American Culture and History ( I got tickets for December)
- Visit the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Take a water aerobics class
- Get a FitBit
Join a book club(done!) Complete my business website(done!)
- Volunteer when I can ( I have volunteered in September, October, and working on November)
- Open another barber shop with my husband
- Go camping or shall I say “glamping.”
- Take a girls trip
- Invest in property
Participate in a bible study at church(done!)
- Turn 41
- Have fun even on the rainy days
Forty, here I come baby #adjustscrown
Because the sun always comes out after the rain. . .