Happy New Year!
What are your plans for 2018? I decided not to make any resolutions. Sometimes they can be lofty and when I don’t accomplish them, I feel I’ve failed. The better bet? Lifestyle changes. With turning 40 last year, my perspective has changed.
As I was perusing social media in my “spare time,” I saw someone post “I don’t make resolutions; they’re BS.” Yep. I couldn’t agree more at this point in my life. I’d prefer to make overall lifestyle changes.
So what did I do? Came up with a list of things starting now until I feel they are done and a part of me, not necessarily tied to accomplishing in a year. Lifestyle changes are more of a process, but worth it in the end.
- Argue less – Settle down because sometimes the juice ain’t worth the squeeze. A simple “ok” is better for my gray hair anyway #yesgray
- Do what I can – And if the other stuff doesn’t get done, oh well. Maybe tomorrow but don’t hold your breath.
- Alone time/girl time – Three kids. A husband. Need I say more? And if they can’t get with this (or anyone else), too bad. Deuces.
- No self doubt– Repeating and recognizing “I got this” and I had it a long time ago. Move to the side please because mama is making moves.
- Proud no matter what– There’s a lot I should be proud of and I tend to shame myself. No more. Chin up buttercup.
So what lifestyle changes do you plan to make? Please comment below!
Because the sun always comes out after the rain. . .